Kinesiology Tape for Lymphedema in Breast Cancer Patients
Although focused on Kinesio Taping for lymphedema and severe swelling, this manual also covers basic taping techniques for common injuries. The most recently-published manual, it is beautifully illustrated, with simple, step-by-step, full color instructions.
This manual is recommended for individuals with a good understanding of anatomy and medical terminology or experienced professionals who have been trained in the Kinesio® Taping Method.
8.5" x 11" softcover, spiral bound
172 pages with color photos
1. Understanding Lymphoedema and Chronic Swelling
2. Fundamentals of Kinesio Tex Taping
3. Kinesio Taping for Acute Localized Swelling
4. Kinesio Taping of the Deep Lymphatic Pathways for Chronic Swelling
5. Kinesiio Taping of the Collector Lymphatics for Acute or Chronic Swelling
6. Kinesio Taping of the Superficial Lymphatic Pathways for Chronic Swelling
7. Kinesio Taping for Pitting Oedema, Indurated Tissue, Scar Tissue and Chronic Venous Conditions
Fan taping is a simple and effective way to reduce swelling, bruising, and even the severe swelling associated with lymphedema. Applying the tails of the fan tape over the affected area lifts the skin microscopically, enhancing lymphatic drainage. This allows accumulated fluid to drain away, dramtically reducing both edema and the appearance of bruising. The use of Kinesio Taping is so effective that it has become a standard treatment in lymphedema treatment plans. While it used to be tedious work to cut strips of KinesioTape into the thin "tails" required for lymphatic drainage, the introduction of precut Kinesio Fan Strips has made lymphatic taping quick and easy.
* Package contains twelve 2" x 12" fan strips - 3 beige, 3 black, 3 blue and 3 pink.
Edema strips are designed to decrease swelling and bruising by increasing lymphatic drainage. They can be used to relieve edema from:
- acute injuries such as sprains, strains and contusions
- post-surgical swelling and bruising
- residual swelling from chronic injuries, arthritis, bursitis, etc.
KT Tape Edema Strips are 2" wide by 18" long - the longest edema strips available. Each strip has a 2" anchor (the end with the KT Tape logo) and five 16" tails.
Edema Strips are a safe, comfortable way to reduce swelling and bruising. Simply apply this light, elastic tape over any swollen area and it immediately goes to work increasing lymphatic drainage. Also called fan strips because they are applied in a fan pattern over the area of swelling or bruising, many people simply call them magic strips because they work so well and so quickly. Select a size to completely cover the affected area
Customize your selection to fit your needs:
- Select strip length - 8" or 10"
- Select quantity - 15-pack or box of 50
- Select color - beige or black
*Not all option combinations are available. If you do not see your desired option in any dropdown list, try changing one or more of the previous options.
Kinesiology tape edema strips are used to reduce swelling, edema, bruises and contusions. Also called fan cuts, these precut strips have several thin "tails" connected to a solid anchor end. The individual tails are positioned over an area of swelling with the anchor end in the vicinity of lymphatic drainage ducts. The tape gently lifts the skin, allowing fluid to drain away from the swollen area through the lymphatic system. This variety pak provides a selection of precut edema strips in assorted lengths and widths from 3 different manufacturers, allowing you to experiment to see which style is best for your condition. If you\'re not sure which brand or size is right for you, this is a great product to start with. Each pak contains:
- Nasara 2" x 8" Edema Strips (3)
- Nasara 2" x 10" Edema Strips (3)
- Kinesio Tape 2" x 12" Fan Cuts (2)
- RockTape 4" x 10" Edema Strip(2)
DISCONTINUED BY ROCKTAPE
Edema strips are used to relieve swelling and bruising. Often called fan cuts, the distinctive "fingers" are spread out along the lymphatic channels to encourage drainage of fluid and blood that accumulates in an area after injury or surgery.
RockTape Precut Edema Strips are 10" long by 4" wide and have a 2" base with 5 individual fingers. Each box contains 20 individual edema applications that can be worn for 5-7 days. Pre-cut edema strips are machine cut with rounded corners, reducing the fraying and curling that can occur when tape is cut by hand. Application is quick and simple. Start by folding and tearing the backing along the cut lines and where the anchor end meets the fingers. Remove the backing from the anchor end and apply according to package directions. Apply the fingers, one at a time, over the swollen or bruised area.
SpiderTech\'s Medium Fan Lymphatic Tape is a precut kinesiology tape specially designed to reduce swelling, bruising and pain. It can be applied to many areas of the body, including the arm, neck, chest, calf or ankle. It can help with:
- swelling or bruising from acute injuries or after surgery
- chronic joint swelling
- bruises and contusions
- varicose veins
- lymphatic congestion
* Contains 1 single-use application with 3-5 day wear time.